Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cellphone pictures

I am not sure if it ever happened to you, the situation where you want to take the ultimate picture and your camera battery is empty. You then resort to using your cellphone, since all mobile phones these days have a camera built in. So this is what happened to me: on vacation I wanted to take some pictures only to find out my battery was empty (and of course I didn't have any spare ones for my digital camera). I decided to use my Nokia 3500c to make the pictures. At home, however, how can you transfer them to your computer? Since I don't have a memory card in the cellphone, the USB cable won't see the images (only PIM info). Then I decided to use bluetooth for transferring the pictures from the phone. The following blogpost describes the exact command line instructions to download the pictures from the phone.
Bluetooth transfer

No comments: